• STOP ‘N SHOP (Thrift Store cashiers, clerks, item pricers) is in need of volunteer cashiers for the Tuesdays and Wednesdays morning shift. The shift is from 9:45 to 1pm. We will train anyone who is interested. If you feel a little intimidated because you have never worked in retail, please call and have a chat with Aylene, the Store Manager. She can be reached week days at 206-932-4044 Ext. 212.
• IMMEDIATE OPENINGS: OFFICE ASSISTANT (Answer phones, assist office staff, assist clients on phone and in person, take reservation for functions and register for classes. 2 shifts at front desk. Contact Margie 932-4044 x. 8.)
• THE CAFÉ (Make sandwiches to order, fresh coffee, bake cookies, soup, salads to orders) Food Handlers Permit required.
• FRIDAY BINGO HELPERS (Bingo callers, set up/cleanup crew, call back number, etc.)
• MEALS ON WHEELS (Tuesday food arrives/Wednesday food is delivered to clients in West Seattle area)
• COMPUTER CLASS INSTRUCTORS/ASSISTANTS
Instructors needed to teach classes when scheduled. Lab needs assistants to help individuals with computer problems.
• KITCHEN ASSISTANTS Assisting cook in kitchen, prep work, make coffee, set tables for day’s luncheon, wash dishes, keep kitchen clean. Food Handlers Permit required.
• HOUSEKEEPING/JANITORIAL Clean all restrooms, vacuum all carpeted areas, empty garbage and recycle container, dusting and other cleaning chores.
• EVENING FUNDRAISERS (Special Dinners, Rainbow Bingo) Need help setting up and cleaning up before and after function.
• COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM – One-on-one with a senior in the community who might have special needs. (Help getting to doctors appointments, visiting, etc.)
• DECORATING THE CENTER FOR FUNCTIONS - On call as needed position.
: Although all activities are offered in a warm, inviting atmosphere, the center does not provide respite, adult daycare, and/or services that would normally be provided by a trained attendant, nurse, or personal caregiver (i.e., incontinence, inability to use the restroom facilities by one's self, or preventing a participant from leaving the grounds of the center). In addition, the provision of any personal care by staff for a participant is beyond our capability and cannot be expected.